Monday, December 14, 2009

Grooming Yorkies.

Beginning with your Yorkies coat it is vital to start a regular schedule of at least brushing it 2 times a week. Washing your Yorkie is crucial to maintaining healthy flowing coat. Towel dry carefully by patting their coat and not rubbing because rubbing will cause tangling. That fine hair of theirs will become tangled and knotted in almost no time. If daily brushing and brushing your yorkie isn't your cup of tea, consider a shorter cut.

My tiny Yorkshire terrier isn't much of a princess. She is pretty much a tomboy and a shorter cut fits her personality too. I find using the kitchen sink is the best spot for my small yorkies bath. I find it best to take my yorkie into a confined space like the rest room after her bath. I shut the door so she won't run all over the house as I want to give her frequent breaks. I towel dry her taking care not to rub her energetically with the towel as this could cause tangles. Yorkie grooming. Trimming the hair around their ears with scissors is the next thing to be done as it is easy to chop when the hair is wet. Your Yorkie is susceptible to tarter buildup so brushing their teeth will keep your Yorkie from heavy dental infections and illness.

test your Yorkies nails and if they need trimming just ensure you dont trim them too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment