Monday, December 28, 2009

Yorkshire Terriers - Keeping Your Yorkie Well Groomed.

How shortly should you start grooming your Yorkshire terrier? At least two times a week, because Yorkies have such a specific coat that correct grooming is needed for their broad healthy appearance. Beginning with your Yorkies coat it is critical to start a regular schedule of at least brushing it two times a week. Showering your Yorkie is crucial to maintaining healthy flowing coat. Here's some more stories about toy yorkies. And don't forget to wash and wash again because if any shampoo is left on your Yorkies coat it'll cause dryness. Whether your yorkie has a long or short coat, a regular grooming schedule is an absolute must. That fine hair of theirs will become tangled and knotted in virtually no time. I find using the kitchen sink is the number one place for my little yorkies bath. I am getting her coat really wet and then using a good amount of shampoo, I delicately work the lather into her skin. I shut the door so she won't run all over the house as I want to give her frequent breaks. I towel dry her being careful not to rub her energetically with the towel as this will cause tangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment