Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grooming Yorkies.

Brushing each day if your Yorkie has a heavy coat with a soft brush keeps your Yorkies hair from a tangled mess, otherwise I'm sure you'll be hugging with your small companion one or more times a day and you can start brushing him then. The bath water should warm and ensure you have the shampoo, conditioner and towel, toothbrush and toothpaste and scissors prepared before you put your terrier in the bath. And do not forget to wash and wash again because if any shampoo is left on your Yorkies coat it will cause dryness.

Towel dry carefully by patting their coat and not rubbing because rubbing will cause tangling.

Next, be certain to check around their eyes for any building up of mucus. Yorkies with long coats should be groomed daily. I keep my yorkie cut reasonably short as she doesn't enjoy being groomed and so grooming her isn't fun for me. My tiny Yorkshire terrier is not very much of a princess. Grooming supplies for your yorkie should include : dog shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer ( with a low setting ), brush ( metal with teeth spaced wider on one side and narrower on the other ), brush ( with metal teeth with rounded ends ), and a de-matter. I find using the kitchen sink is the best spot for my small yorkies bath. It is critical not to use medicated shampoo unless your vet has prescribed it. Get plenty more information on yorkie puppies. I find it best to take my yorkie into a confined space like the loo after her bath. I towel dry her being careful not to rub her energetically with the towel as this will cause tangles. Next, be certain to test around their eyes for any increase of mucus.

No comments:

Post a Comment