Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yorkshire Terriers - Keeping Your Yorkie Well Groomed.

Starting with your Yorkies coat it is critical to start a regular schedule of at least brushing it two times a week. The bath water should warm and ensure you have the shampoo, conditioner and towel, toothbrush and toothpaste and scissors prepared before you put your terrier in the bath.

Whether your yorkie has a long or short coat, a regular grooming schedule is a complete must. That fine hair of theirs will become tangled and entangled in virtually no time. If daily brushing and brushing your yorkie is not your cup of tea, consider a shorter cut. My little Yorkshire terrier isn't much of a princess. Buy a yorkie. She is pretty much a tomboy and a shorter cut fits her personality also. A yorkie with a short coat does need upkeep. I find using the kitchen sink is the best place for my tiny yorkies bath. I am getting her coat awfully wet and then using a large amount of shampoo, I softly work the lather into her skin. Employ a dog shampoo that's acceptable for your yorkies skin type. Don't use shampoo on your yorkies face unless it is totally mandatory as it is terribly vital to keep the shampoo out of her eyes. I shut the door so she can't run all over the house as I must give her frequent breaks. I towel dry her being cautious not to rub her vigorously with the towel as this will cause tangles. Test your Yorkies nails and if they need trimming just ensure you do not trim them too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment